Saturday, February 04, 2006

I took a little ride down to Princeton and scored some music from the used CD and vinyl bins:

Charlie Haden - Ballad of the Fallen
R.L. Burnside - Hear My Black Name A-Ringin'
Elliot Sharp's Terraplane - Secret Life
Illinois Jacquet - Flyin' Home: Best of the Verve Years

A nice mix of jazz and blues to add to the collection. After that ran into one of my colleagues from the library who told me about a new cafe called The Soup Man so I checked it out and got a bowl of Italian Sausage soup and a little roll for $8.50 (WTF?) But in its defense, it was very good soup. I'm a bit of a coffee snob, so I went to Small World Coffee for a 16 oz. blast of "bean juice." Small World serves a very thick and strong coffee which was needed for a long, slow ride home in the rain!

Send comments to: Tim