Monday, August 28, 2006

There is a great lengthy post from Ethan Iverson on The Bad Plus' blog DO THE MATH: "Dave Douglas asked recently, Is there a writer who can take on the project of an unbiased overview of jazz music since the end of the Vietnam war... I offer up a list of records that I copied off my shelves last week when The Bad Plus was taking a break. I'm going to cheat a little bit: instead of the end of 'Nam, I'm going to start in 1973 (the year of my birth) in order to sneak in a few more records."

Also, an update on my post about the new Sonny Rollins album available on his web site. Thanks to Richard for sending me an e-mail writing that the downloads are only 56kbs, which is sub-radio quality. That's a shame, not only is it unfair to customers, but it's unfair to Rollins who deserves to have his music heard in the clearest manner possible.

Send comments to: Tim