Sunday, February 25, 2007

I presented a program to the Senior Citizens group at my Library on jazz in the 1950's highlighting different genres from bebop to west coast jazz. It seemed to go pretty well and I only talked myself into a corner once or twice, which is pretty good for me! Here is a podcast of the music I featured during the program:

Charlie Parker - Confirmation (3:01)
Bud Powell - Dance of the Infidels (3:06)
Dizzy Gillespie - The Champ (5:26)
Horace Silver - Song For My Father (7:18)
Miles Davis - Milestones (5:44)
Jimmy Smith - Midnight Special (9:55)
Gerry Mulligan Quartet - 'S Wonderful (3:35)
Miles Davis - So What (9:25)
Duke Ellington - Diminuendo In Blue And Crescendo In Blue (Live) (14:20)
Count Basie - Every Day I Have the Blues (5:28)
Ella Fitzgerald - I've Got You Under My Skin (2:44)

Send comments to: Tim