Friday, June 05, 2009

Around the Blogs

National Public Radio's A Blog Supreme interviews Hal Miller (whose jazz video presentations I used to attend in Albany) about the Jazz Icons series of DVD's:

"For me, my favorites come from the group of videos that I-myself had no prior experience with or knowledge of. I'd have to single out the Art Blakey in Belgium 1958, largely because it includes trumpeter Lee Morgan, a personal favorite of mine beginning with my high school days when I began to see him with Art Blakey.
"

WBGO has another episode of The Checkout available for downloading or streaming:

"Saxophonist Steve Lehman talks about creating spectral music for jazz improvisation, Wayne Escoffery shares some music from his iPod, Bobby Sanabria revisits Kenya, an Afro-Cuban classic from the Machito Orchestra, and Chris Potter Underground releases Ultrahang in digital.
"

Send comments to: Tim