- Bill Frisell - The Intercontinentals: Frisell takes the music of Mali, Brazil and elsewhere and crafts it to his own unique blend of improvised Americana.
- William Parker - Raining on the Moon: This R&B inspired album is pure joy, featuring the beautiful singing of Leena Conquest and Parker's great band anchored by the awesome percussion of Hamid Drake.
- Susie Ibarra - Folkloriko: A beautifully delicate and thoughtful exploration of Filipino migrant culture as seen through improvised jazz.
- The Bad Plus - Prog: Media always seems to focus on the groups witty covers, but here it's the thoughtful compositions and improvisations that take center stage.
- Ornette Coleman - Sound Grammar: The music is classic Coleman with sweeping joyful arcs of alto on some reinterpretations of classics and a few new compositions.
Classical Music in NYC This Week
1 hour ago