Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Note concerning promotional copies of music.

Hello - This is Tim. I hope all of you are well, and thank you for reading this blog. I occasionally receive promotional copies of new music, via compact disc or digital download. Sometimes I write about them on this blog, but often I do not. Sometimes it is because music that is outside my comfort zone: I have no tolerance for smooth jazz, vocalists singing standards or other such pablum. I'm sure the musicians concerned are quite talented and I bear them no malice. Hear me now: if you send me a promotional copy of music, via compact disc or digital download, there is a low probability I will blog about it. I bear no malice against you, I wish you only the best. Understand that I am am diagnosed with two forms of mental illness and have the organizational skills of a ninety-five year old hoarder. From this point forward, I will examine all promotional material for possible, though improbable inclusion in the blog, the rest will be donated to the Library or sold at the used CD store for credit. I have felt very guilty in the past for not writing about everything sent to me: I resolve to feel guilt no longer. I thank you for taking the time to read this poorly written screed, and the blog in general. I never intended for it to get this big, I just wanted a place to make a diary or what I he been listening to and what moves me. Please accept my apology if I have let you down. I wish you peace and harmony. Tim