Saturday, April 02, 2016

New Patreon Account

I have finally bit the bullet and set up a Patreon account for the blog. I don't often talk about personal stuff here, in fact this is usually my sanctuary from such things but I think I need to give some context to explain this move. Several years ago my health began to decline, I had prolonged episodes of depression, and jolts of mania that led to a diagnosis of bi-polar disorder. And a dismissal from work, which really broke my heart since I loved my job. I was able to qualify for disability insurance but it barely covers the basics. So I saw a number of bloggers and You Tubers using Patreon I thought I'd give it a try. It's my goal to keep blogging every week about the musicians that are really making a difference and pushing boundaries in jazz and improvised music. If you can help out with a few dollars a month I would really appreciate it.

Send comments to Tim.